My Value To You
SAC Law – Consulting will Assess & Assist your practice to become more efficient, compliant and profitable.
SAC Law – Consulting Services
Code of Conduct
SAC Law-Consulting can assess where your office may be failing to comply with the Code of Conduct and Alberta Law Society rules and regulations and can get you back on track to being compliant.
Entity Regulation is coming. Do you have the recommended policies and procedures in place? SAC Law Consulting can assess your current policies and procedures for compliance.
Policies & Practices
Do you have appropriate policies and practices to minimize claims and complaints ? SAC Law-Consulting can assess your risk areas to determine where improvements in risk management can be made.
For a changing business
New Law Practices
Act as your “handbook” on the things you need to consider and implement as you consider opening a new practice, guide you through the Law Society requirements and assist you to put the appropriate policies and procedures in place for a successful law practice.
Retiring from Practice
Advise you on the various Law Society requirements for closing your practice and assist you in setting up and implementing a schedule for closing down your practice, or transferring the practice to another lawyer.
About Sylvia Carruthers
• An experienced lawyer with over 30 years in the business of law
• A Consultant with 4 years experience counselling lawyers in the business of law as Counsel Practice Review/Management at Law Society of Upper Canada and Law Society of Alberta
• A Law practice owner and manager, as sole practitioner, formerly a partner or an associate
• A Member of the Law Society of Ontario and Law Society of Alberta
• A presenter at seminars and author of articles on law business practice management
• A practising lawyer in estate planning, and corporate commercial law
• Knowledgeable about financial management
• Knowledgeable about law society regulations
• Knowledgeable about law practice management
PLEAST NOTE: Do not send any confidential information by email as it will not be treated as confidential.
Contacting me on this website does not retain me as your lawyer.